Friday, December 9, 2005

National Pastry Day, December 9th

Today is National Pastry Day. Although this is a celebration that I can really get behind, I have to ask, is this truly a day that must be celebrated in December? Don't we eat enough junk this month?

Regardless, if you live in Utah, I would highly recommend a trip the "La Baguette Bakery." They have the MOST wonderful almond thing-y. I highly recommend it, even though I can't remember the name of it. Everything else there also looks wonderful... but, I haven't really tried it. I'm quite attached to the almond thing-y. Anyway their information is: "La Baguette Bakery" 1442 East Draper Parkway, Draper, Utah (801)523-3747. I can't find an online menu or website...

If you absolutely must go someplace other than "La Baguette" for your pastry, but don't know where to go in the Utah-Salt Lake Valleys, try here. There isn't a pastry search, but I would try the "breakfast" or "coffeehouse" options. The Restaurant Roulette is also a fun option if you are looking for dinner plans tonight.

Now, if your pastry preferences usually run toward the convenience store variety... you could just celebrate Twinkies today. I would like to point out that this page decides that Twinkies are inorganic and 68% air. But, the Twinkie Haiku are worth 2 minutes of wasted time today. :)

2 comments:

Christian said...

Egads! The Twinkies link doesn't work. Must have Twinkies link.

Erin aka- absent-minded secretary said...

There: http://www.twinkiesproject.com/

I think I updated it on the blog, but it's not showing up when I look at it.