Tuesday, February 7, 2006

Dump Your Significant Jerk-Wave Your Fingers at Your Neighbors-Charles Dickens-Love Your Robot-Mail Your Neighbor a Card- In-One-Day, February 7th

Dump Your Significant Jerk Day
Just because it's February, and you are single, and you are lonely, it doesn't mean you have to attach yourself to the nearest fellow singleton. Pause, take a breath, think about your wedding pictures. If there is the slightest possibility they might turn out like this, it's time to look into dumping your significant jerk.

Wave Your Fingers at Your NeighborsSome days we say it best, when we say nothing at all... just wave your fingers at your neighbors, and they will understand.

Charles Dickens Day
It's a day to ponder what we would be missing, without Charles Dickens. What would we be missing?

Love Your Robot Day
I have nothing to say about this. I think I would find it impossible to love a robot. Even a funny endearing one from my childhood. The beepdeedeebeepbeeps would annoy me.

Mail Your Neighbor a Card Day
This holiday had to have been created by Hallmark. Why else would we have a random card mailing day. It's not a Birthday card, a thank-you card, or a compliment card, or even an I love you card... just a card. So, go mail a card. And don't forget the the Federal Government just raised the prices of stamps.

6 comments:

Nemesis said...

Hi, I just found out that I'm on your "blogs I read silently and without permission" lists. So I just wanted to say hello and thanks for the compliment.

Also you're rill funny and I hope you will feel free to speak up as much as you like over at my place!

Erin aka- absent-minded secretary said...

Thanks Nemesis! I am so glad that I can say that you are my friend across the pond now!

B.G. Christensen said...

I think Carol Lynn Pearson might run a workshop for women on loving the robots in your life.

Christian said...

Right now, the only thing I can think of that we would be missing without Charles Dickens are all the remakes and retellings and remixes of A Christmas Carol.

Oh, and Oliver! "Please, sir. I'd like s'more."

Erin aka- absent-minded secretary said...

Master Fob: Carol Lynn Pearson is amazing, but I am not sure if I can completely support her venture into robots.

Edgy: There are some who consider Mr. Dickens the greatest author of the 19th century. I would not be one of the some.

I have a funny story about a cursed high school production of Oliver! It includes mooning cast members, and a director with a broken hip from falling in the orchestra pit. :)

Erin aka- absent-minded secretary said...

And by mooning cast members, I mean bare bottoms in the audience sight-line while the male members of the chorus tried to make Dodger break character. Not the typical high school play happenings where cast members think they are in love because their characters are.