Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Get Caught Reading Month, Reading is Fun Week May 15th-21st



The American Association of Publishers promotes the nation-wide campaign to "Get Caught Reading." Lots of cool people have supported this campaign, like Batman, Alicia Keys, Derek Jeter, Larry and Bob, Donald Duck (even without pants), Abraham Lincoln, and the Olsen Twins. (See the celebrity "Get Caught Reading" posters)

I also support this campaign, even though there is not a celebrity poster saying that Absent-minded Secretary got caught reading. Absent is not a celebrity. In fact, we could call Absent an anti-celebrity. Just this week (and we are only two days into this week) she has been called "a boil on my ass," "that secretary-assistant-type-person," "SHE" and "the girl with the New York attitude." My favorite is the last one since it came from a real New Yorker with a real Brooklyn accent, but I don't think that she meant it as a compliment.

Moving on, this week is Reading is Fun Week. This week is brought to us by Reading Is Fundamental, Inc. This organization encourages us to celebrate by making "each day a little wacky and a lot of fun." Wednesday is "Wacky Wednesday," and RIF, Inc. has scheduled Mad Libs. Click here for an online version of Mad Libs.

Anyway, I think that it's time to go home so that I can get caught reading, because reading is fun.

Or, so that I can watch House.

I might read something.

Maybe a blog.

Does that count?

What if it is a blog where Books are King?

3 comments:

Christian said...

Three cheers for reading!

Erin aka- absent-minded secretary said...

Three boos for Absent messing up her template again. Help!

Tolkien Boy said...

I am a fan of reading. To show my support and rapport, I will read a novel today.

:D

Word Verification: sofduca

Sounds like a Ukranian swearword, does it not?