Wednesday, July 12, 2006

A Week Full of Days, July 13th


There are seven holidays to celebrate today, so I am positive that you can find the perfect one for you.

Gruntled Workers Day
I can't celebrate this one because at this moment, I am disgruntled. Over a brochure. Stupid work. I need to find some gruntled people to hang out with, and maybe some the their gruntledness will rub off on me.

Embrace Your Geekness Day
I read encyclopedias for fun.

Feast of Lanterns, or the Festival of the Oban, Day of the Dead. To celebrate you will need to float colorful paper lanterns lit by candles down a river to guide the spirits of loved ones passed on safely back to the land of the dead, because we don't them haunting us. Perhaps just eat some Japanese food to honor the dead.

Fool's Paradise Day somehow fits in with Go West Day and the fact that Disneyland is celebrating some fun stuff this year. But if you don't go to Disneyland perhaps barbers Music Appreciation Day can take you to your fools paradise.

National French Fry Day That one should be easy. Just don't call them Freedom Fries, or you will be Embracing Your Geekness

No comments: