Sunday, September 24, 2006

International Rabbit Day September 23rd or 24th


International Rabbit Day

There seems to be some confusion about what day is International Rabbit Day. Some sources say it was yesterday, some say it is today.

Either way, everyone should read Edgy Killer Bunny's blog to learn about Banned Book Week. You should also read his post about which books to read.

I, myself, am going to pick up The Chocolate War. It seems like a good choice since it is on both top ten challenged book lists, it quotes one of my favorite poems, and it was published the year that I was born.

But, if you are looking for a non-banned-bookish way to celebrate International Rabbit Day, and are still looking to celebrate Read-A-New-Book-Month, I would recommend reading The Runaway Bunny, by Margaret Wise Brown and Clement Hurd, or Bunnicula by Deborah and James Howe. Both are very good books for all age groups. Unless animals talking and having human-like thoughts are scary to you... then I wouldn't recommend either book.

Anyway, have a Happy Rabbit-Reading Day!

3 comments:

Christian said...

Look at you link me . . . T'anks.

About The Chocolate War . . . I love this book. But it is bleak. Bleak bleak bleak. And not to be sexist or anything, but most girls I know of really hate this book. Just to give you warning.

Erin aka- absent-minded secretary said...

Yeah, I've avoided it for this long because I thought that I wouldn't like it. But, sometimes you just have to read things to expand your mind and all that.

Erin aka- absent-minded secretary said...

I can't find The Chocolate War anywhere in Utah County. I might have to make a trip up to SLC to buy my book.