Tuesday, November 7, 2006

Bittersweet Chocolate with Almonds Day, November 7th


Bittersweet Chocolate with Almonds Day

I know that it is bitter to vote for a raise in taxes, but PLEASE, everyone who has the opportunity to vote yes on Proposition 3 (Salt Lake County residents) or yes on the Opinion Question (for Utah County residents) PLEASE VOTE YES.

We need these transit options. We have a major traffic problem in Utah County, (the Daily Herald reported that Utah County's traffic is the worst in the state), and the people who are doing the studies think that it will double in the next ten years and quadruple by 2030. And they are saying right now that unless this proposition and this opinion question pass there will be no money budgeted to fix the problem!!!! Can we say problem!

I am watching a Utah County TV program that is explaining the issues, and why urban sprawl is bad, and increases these problems, and I am getting scared. In fact, after watching this, I think that I might have to move back to Provo, perhaps right across the street from my office, because I don't need to be stuck in traffic four times as long as I have been this last year.

And, after watching this, I don't care any more if Orrin Hatch is re-elected, although, please while you are voting yes on three, please also vote for Pete Ashdown. The poor guy isn't going to win, but I would like him to take a significant bite out of the pompous ass. And I think that if by some weird off chance Pete Ashdown took out Orrin Hatch, that would be sweet.

So, looking at it all on election eve, it seems appropriate that we have a Bittersweet Chocolate with Almonds Day on election day. Elections are nutty, and some losses will be bitter, some wins will taste sweet.

Well, did I beat that horse to death?

No comments: