Friday, January 19, 2007

National Popcorn Day, January 19th



It's National Popcorn Day! And what better way to keep your fingers warm during a Friday night movie, than in a bowl of freshly popped popcorn. Okay, okay, I can think of a few better ways to keep my fingers warm, but I'm single, I have to have a back-up plan.

Speaking of singleness, if you are a single woman, ponder deeply before seeing Notes on a Scandal. It will make you think twice about getting a cat, or a diary, or gold stars highlight the diary. Crap. Is this a diary? Am I on the path to stalkerdom? (By the way, today was a negative 1 gold star day. I found a spreadsheet problem, and it's too cold outside to go home, so I might stay the weekend and work on numbers.)

Back to popcorn. My favorite kind of popcorn is blue. I highly recommend it. If you haven't tried it, I guess you haven't really missed too much, it is just kinda a really soft texture, so that it melts on your tongue... and yellow popcorn will just taste bland after you try it. So, maybe you shouldn't. I don't want you to blame me when normal yellow popcorn is no longer good enough for you.

No comments: